Hey Guys!

Hi! first up, I'm really sorry I haven't been posting much lately. Nothing blogworthy has been happening lately, so.. I'm sorry :(

But, to make up for it, I'll tell you about a story I'm writing for Mum and put some snippets up, sound good? .D.

Okay, the Story is about the Daughter of Merlin. It's best explained in the story, hang on..
"...there's no Royal court, or King or Queen. But we know Arthur is here. And his Court. Every generation, for as long as anyone can remember has been a repeat of the same old legends.
The old King and Queen and Court get reincarnated into new bodies. Usually into their Children's. Me and Ackerley and the others, including Tanner, who is now a scribe, used to fantasise about if or who we were or would be."
-Not someone speaking, but it's part of the story so I put quotation marks.. so..

So, basically, every generation the Arthurian Legend's Court (Arthur, Merlin, Tristan, Lancelot, Mordred, Morgana, Guinevere, etc) is reincarnated into their kids. This story is about the Daughter of Merlin, so in this series, Merlin's a girl. Let me know if you don't understand, and I'll try and explain it better. By the way, someone new is introduced every Generation, a new member of the Kings' court.

The characters are:

Malyn; the Daughter of Merlin. She is the main character, and is 13-16 throughout the story. (It's set over three years. They're all the same age.)

Ackerley; The Son of Arthur.

Mordaze: The newest member of the Kings' Court.

Layne: The Son of Lancelot.

Tanner: the Son of Tristan.

Mordouz: Son of Mordred. He and Mordaze are twins. (This is Mordaze's evil twinπŸ˜‰)

Now, time for the snippets! .D.

_________________________________________________________________________________

The old man sighs. “You again?” He says, gruffly.
I smile and nod. My name's Malyn, and it has been a dream since I was little to be a knight. Mostly to avenge my Father, whom I never met, but partially because of my friends, Ackerley, Mordaze and Layne. They're all becoming knights. So why can't I?
“Name?” The man says.
“Maly-” I started.
“I know your name.”
“Then.. Why'd you ask?”
He shrugs. “It's necessary. Age?”
“Thirtee-”
“I know your age. I've known it since you tried to sign up as a small five year old.” I dislike this man's attitude.
_________________________________________________________________________________
 When I'm upset, something I love to do is read my problems away. Invest myself in a good book, and forget about life. So, I run to the Library. The place where I drown my problems with words. I sit down in my favourite chair and cry for a while. Ramon, the Librarian, smiles at me. He knows when I need to talk, I'll talk. After a minute or so, I explain what happened to Ramon. He smiles sadly at me. Then, something dawns on him and he winks.
“You know, your Father loved to read just as much as you did.” I sit bolt-upright in my chair. No one ever talks about my Father. Only Ramon and Mother know who it was, and they don't like talking about him much.
“Really?!”

“Of course. I have something here, that he wanted me to show you when the time was right. I think that's now.”
_________________________________________________________________________________
The next few days are a blur of reading, practising Magic (Which, to my surprise and great delight, actually works!) eating and sleeping. Not much sleeping or eating, though. I'm exhausted, but thoroughly enjoying myself. Occasionally I look out my window to see Ackerley and Mordaze training. It is now five in the evening. I am still reading when I hear a knock on the door.
“Malyn..?” It's Ackerley. I hurriedly put the book I was reading; Magic spells: The Fire Chronicles underneath my floorboard and make sure it's shut properly, as quietly as possible.
“Come in.”
Ackerley and Mordaze open the door and walk uncertainly into my room.
“Listen, Malyn,” Ackerley says. “I'm really sorry. It's not my place to tell you what to do.”
I grin. “It's okay. Really. I took your advice and found something else I love to do.”
“Starving yourself?” Mordaze raises an eyebrow.
“Huh?” I haven't actually realised how tired and hungry I am.
“Look, just,” Ackerley hesitates. “Take care of yourself. Also, on a happier note, Tanner's finally taken our advice and taken some time off. He's gonna be up here for a couple of weeks.”
“That's a first.” Mordaze mumbles.
I grin, but they can tell I'm exhausted. Growing up with five practical brothers, they can tell these things.
“Is Layne coming up too?” I ask, excitedly.
“Yes, but if you don't get rested up you will pass out. We will leave you now. Come on, Mordaze. Bye Malyn.”
“Bye.”
They leave, closing the door behind them. I might take their advice. I close my eyes, thinking that it will take me forever to get to sleep, but I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.
_________________________________________________________________________________
(Sorry that this one's a bit big, but it's too funny to not include)

  A couple of minutes later, I walk outside.
“Gee, Malyn, does it take that long for every girl to get dressed each morning?” Layne teases.
“Nope, I just enjoy torturing my friends.” I stick my tongue out at him.
Tanner raises his eyebrows. “I see you still have the subtlety of a brick.”
“And I see that you unfortunately became wittier.”
This was about to turn into an insult war, but Mordaze stops us. “Guys, save the arguing for later. What're we gonna do today?”
“Wait for the Ceremony?” Ackerley suggests, and at that moment I thought he knew. I need not have worried, though.
“Yes, but what will we do while we wait?”
I shrug. Layne looks lost deep in thought (for once). Tanner looks as if he was about to say something, but changes his mind.
“Somebody has got to have an idea,” Mordaze pleads. “Otherwise we will be bored until it is time.”
“Library?” I suggest, but know only Tanner would like that idea.
“Hey, how about we go see Mordouz? I haven't seen him in a long time.” Tanner suggests.
“Um.. We could if you wanted to, but he doesn't really play with us any more.” I say, uncertainly.
“Why not? I mean.. you two used to be really close.” Tanner says, confused.
“Yeah, but he just.. Changed.”
“Like you did?” Ackerley raises his eyebrows.
“Hey, yeah. When are you planning to tell us about that, Malyn?” Layne asks, suspiciously.
“You will all find out in good time.” I wink at them and Layne groans.
“You've been saying that for about a week now. Just tell us!” Layne says, impatiently.
“Nope.”
“Please?” Mordaze begs.
“Nope.”
“What do we have to do to make you tell us?” Ackerley asks, which surprises me. He usually doesn't care about secrets. I pretend to be considering it.
“Mmm... Nope.”
“Are you seriously passing down an opportunity to stick Layne's head in a chamber pot?” Tanner says, shocked.

“For once, yes.” They gape at me for a second. “Now I know I'll never have the day alone.” I moan.
_________________________________________________________________________________

And there ye are. I haven't written very much yet, about.. *Checks* 1814, so it's pretty short .D.


Anyway, I'm gonna go now, Byeee!! .D.

-Ral .D.








Comments

  1. :OO
    I LOVE IT
    AWESOMENESS
    WHENITSFINISHEDCANIREADIT
    ..and don't worry, the lack of recent posts is (mostly) fine .w.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also... First post of the year! *Throws confetti*

      Delete
    2. .D. Sure you can! .D.

      Woohooo! *Throws confetti with you*

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you back! I was beginning to wonder what happened to you!! ;D

    The snippets are great, I love the fact that she tried to go into training at five. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I love this story concept!! That's such a cool idea, and the snippets are really interesting. :D

    It's good to see you back again, Ral. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! .D.

      Thank you! It's good to be back! .D.

      Delete
  4. Hey, nice to have you back :D That's a really cool story idea, and I loved the snippets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED IT, RAL!!! Can't wait to hear more! It's going to be super cool. :-D
    Glad to have you back! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Okay, so this happened apparently... // Taggin' Time πŸ˜€

Mart Dump (Get it? Cos it's March..? I'll leave now)

Please Read